Though the lockdown has been partially lifted, with stores being opened from morning to evening, the quarantine boredom is getting the better of all of us. Those who work from home seem to be occupied with work but for people like me who need to be working outdoors, here’s a protip that will help combat the quarantine boredom. Here’s what I do to kill my boredom – I always like to plan my week well in advance, not just during the lockdown, but always. Planning ahead motivates me, makes me feel productive and gives me a reason to look forward to tomorrow. Whether I am shooting or whether I am at home, these little reminders have become an integral part of my everyday routine. Like the popular saying goes “An empty mind is a devil’s workshop”, I do everything possible to ensure I don’t remain idle. I prepare a journal with reminders for each day, with all the things I need to do for an entire week. You may also use decorative methods to make these reminders look appealing and stick it to your walls or refrigerator. Here’s an example of what your all-week plan can be.
- Monday: Clean your house. Rearrange your furniture. A new and clean look induces positive feelings of accomplishment and makes you happier.
- Tuesday: Self-care – Treat your hair with oil and hair masks. Treat your skin with natural skin remedies. Let’s come out of the lockdown with radiant-looking skin. 💁♀️ Refer to my blog post “Skincare secrets” for skincare tips.
- Wednesday: It’s been a while since we all went out, isn’t it? I say get dressed! So what if we can’t go out? Check out the “Get ready to go nowhere” challenge on Youtube. 😃
- Thursday: Get creative! Paint, sketch, make things out of scratch. Creativity helps you see things in a positive light and cope with uncertain times.
- Friday: Grab a popcorn bucket. Binge-watch your favourite Web series and all the movies you’ve been meaning to watch during the pre-lockdown days but couldn’t.
- Saturday: Cook your favourite dish. Experiment with different cuisines all around the world. We have a gazillion Youtube videos at our disposal that make learning anything possible.
- Sunday: Rework your garden, plant seeds & seedlings, and water your plants. Getting muddy at times is actually fun! Who doesn’t love the smell of wet mud? Smells like heaven and brings back all the monsoon feels.
Do take care of your physical and psychological well-being every day. Engage in physical activities like yoga or any workout. Meditation will help you channel all your negative emotions into something positive and productive. Hoping my to-do list helps all of you. News about an antidote is doing the rounds, it might, however, take a while to implement. Let’s be strong and hope for the situation to get better, for we all are in this together. 🤗